Smart-AKIS Multi-Actor Innovation process in Smart Farming
Smart-AKIS has followed the EIP-AGRI “multi-actor approach” for making research results available to practitioners as well as for capturing grassroots level ideas and needs across Europe in the field of Smart Farming Technologies (SFT). The project has followed an interactive innovation model, engaging with different stakeholders within and outside the project, widening from regional/national to European level:
- Interactive innovation multi-actor Regional Innovation Workshops (RIW), which has allowed for the direct dissemination of SFT solutions and the capture of grassroots-level innovations and needs in the Regional Innovation Hubs;
- Two transnational workshops, allowing for the generation of targeted exchanges, dissemination of practical SFT solutions and cross fertilisation and cross-border collaborations in SFT innovations;
- The Smart Farming Platform, allowing for a broad stakeholder outreach and crowdsourcing of stakeholders’ needs and innovations at the widest EU level.
- 20 Regional Innovation Workshops and 2 cross-border workshops.
- 125 smart farming technologies disseminated .
- 55 programmes, calls and instruments at regional, national and EU level disseminated for funding smart farming innovation and uptake.
- 24 research needs coming up for grassroots level captured.
- 37 multi-actor project ideas generated.
- 16 cross-border multi-actor projects ideas generated.